This blog is about part 1 of my 20,000+ mile car-camping trip with my dogs from DC to Alaska via Labrador. Part 1, in 2011, was to the end of the road in northeastern North America in Labrador and then on to Quebec and Ontario, 7609 miles. Part 2, which took place in 2012, picked up where Part 1 left off in Ontario and was supposed to extend to Banff and Jasper National Parks in the Canadian Rockies, but Leben, my male German shepherd, became paralyzed on the trip so we cut it short. We will finish the journey in 2013, when we will return to Prudhoe Bay, Alaska.

August 1st # 2 Reference point for Leben and Erde

I am sure many of the photos of this trip will be of Leben and Erde (and probably none of me).  Just so you have a reference point, here they are just days before their first trip to Alaska in 2001, which trip I made to scatter Sonntag's and Kessie's ashes at that site in northern Alaska, the scene of photo of Sonntag and me in the snowstorm that appeared in the National Geographic in 2002.  (My penultimate goal this year is to reach that spot,  turn around and head home. My ultimate goal is to return home safely.)

ED

And here they were last year, just one week before Leben's injury.


No comments:

Post a Comment