This blog is about part 1 of my 20,000+ mile car-camping trip with my dogs from DC to Alaska via Labrador. Part 1, in 2011, was to the end of the road in northeastern North America in Labrador and then on to Quebec and Ontario, 7609 miles. Part 2, which took place in 2012, picked up where Part 1 left off in Ontario and was supposed to extend to Banff and Jasper National Parks in the Canadian Rockies, but Leben, my male German shepherd, became paralyzed on the trip so we cut it short. We will finish the journey in 2013, when we will return to Prudhoe Bay, Alaska.

This blog is dedicated to Maggie

I chose not to dedicate this blog, which is the journey  as I will recall it, before I left because I wanted to see if someone most deserving  appeared on the trip.  Well  someone did appear, and although I did not have the good fortune to meet her personally, I met her through her guardian, Anne, in Port Hope Simpson, Labrador.  Her name is Maggie, and she is a 12-year old dog.  If any creature can inspire such love and devotion from her guardian,  as Maggie has from Anne, she deserves a  special place on this journey, and so Maggie gets that place. Thanks, Maggie, for being such a good dog, and thanks, Anne for caring such much for a special creature.  As I dedicate this blog, and with it the journey, to Maggie, I wish the two you great comfort in your days together.

PS...it should come as a surprise to no one who knows me that my blog would be dedicated to a dog, or animal, and those who care about them. In a large sense, therefore, this blog is dedicated to all the animals in Labrador.

No comments:

Post a Comment