This blog is about part 1 of my 20,000+ mile car-camping trip with my dogs from DC to Alaska via Labrador. Part 1, in 2011, was to the end of the road in northeastern North America in Labrador and then on to Quebec and Ontario, 7609 miles. Part 2, which took place in 2012, picked up where Part 1 left off in Ontario and was supposed to extend to Banff and Jasper National Parks in the Canadian Rockies, but Leben, my male German shepherd, became paralyzed on the trip so we cut it short. We will finish the journey in 2013, when we will return to Prudhoe Bay, Alaska.

When I return

When I  return home

When I return home, I will go through my usual post-mortem and redo all my lists so that I can be prepared for the next road trip, whenever and wherever to that will be.  But I will also redo this blog by doing the following.

1. Correct all the mistakes the iPad added without my even knowing about them.  

2. Use my desktop computer to add some creativity to my blog, which the iPad prevents you from doing by forcing you to to type with two fingers.  I can tell you right now, now great novels will ever be written on an iPad, unless the hapless author has only two fingers himself.

3.  Supplement my original blogs with things I just didn't have time to add during this trip.

4.  Add a bunch of photos, which I have not had the time to do on the road.  I took about 500 photos and a number of videos so far.

5. Maybe write a short piece called, Tent Life in the Labrador Wild with my dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment